Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Listening to two DVD-Audios: Bach/St. Matthew Passion/Harnoncourt (Teldec) and Mozart/Figaro (Naxos)

>> *** That's not racist. It’s a truism. *** Now that is truly offensive. <<

I’m not racist. I’ve lived in the Far East for over 15 years. I made many friends there. The real bigots in this "PC" world are those who castigate and name-call others who dare speak out about what is true.

>> Again, you can't have it both ways. Either your walls reflect, or they don't.<<

Ever done the ripple-tank experiment in your high-school physics class?

Experiment: Put the motorised wave source in a corner of the tank, and what you get a smooth linear progression of waves radiating out diagonally (i.e. over the longest uninterrupted distance -- i.e. the 'hypotenuse'), and also along the walls. Not straight into them as would happen if the source was in the middle of the tank.

N.B. Tellingly, it is precisely this word "linear" which REL uses about the sub's response when placed in the corner. And I could even go to the extreme of having my walls coated in acoustically dead polystyrene foam, and the corner sub placement principle would be just as valid.

>> As for the manual, I've already explained it to you - again, it's not a message you want to hear. <<

What you implied was written in the manual was wrong. Plain and simple. Your phrase about it did not exist in any shape or form.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.