Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I've never seen any Silverline titles at Borders, ever.

Some of my biggest disappoints with DVD-Audio was Silverlines. Garry Moore was the absolute worst.

However the Abravanal, Utah Symphony playing Leroy Anderson was not too bad. The notes say the Original Analog tape was transferred to 192kHz 24 Bit and then down-converted to 96kHz 24 Bit for both the Multi-channel program and the Stereo program.

The Abravanal, Utah Symphony playing Leroy Anderson has a problem in "The Typewriter" on which an Underwood Typewriter is used as a musical instrument. The keys the Underwood plays are supposed to move across the soundstage from left to right in front on the orchestra. They do on the Analogue Productions 180 Gram LP and on the older Ohm Acoustics test LP. On the Silverline DVD-Audio when it gets to the phantom center the keys are recessed and muffled. I feel that these may have been moved to the center channel information when they did the Multi-channel mix and instead of doing a 2 channel Stereo mix, they just used the left and right channels throwing away the center and rear information? All in all I was not impressed and that was my last Silverline I ever bought.

But then people have told me I am way too picky.

Where do you purchase besides Borders and I will see if they are available there?

Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.