Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Martin the maximum playing time of 6 Channel SACD is 74 minutes with NO Dynamic Range reduction.

Martin said: "Anyway, we now know that these sorts of tricks do apply to SACD, i.e. in order to extend a full six-channel program to more than 65 mins, reducing the dynamics allows the DST compressed file to still fit into the available disc space of a hybrid SACD. That's not rocket science.

This is totally WRONG and in a previous deleted post he even said Audiophile companies do it. NO SACD I know of has been released that does not have the full dynamic range of the DSD master tape. Please Martin give as the titles so they can be check out!

Here are the choices taken so far to increase playing time for Multi-Channel programs over 74 minutes. 1) Use 4.0 or 5.0 channels instead of 6.0 to gain extra playing time or 2) release the longer program on 2 SACDs instead of 1 SACD. The first option was used by Telarc for example and the second option is used by Universal and many others.

This quote was given to Martin by an unnamed SACD engineer for an audiophile company and just like his quote that SACD is a virus, I believe this came purely from Martin own head.

Martin says "it's not rocket science" that is true because it is NOT done.

Setting the recored straight once again,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Martin the maximum playing time of 6 Channel SACD is 74 minutes with NO Dynamic Range reduction. - Teresa 14:23:33 09/28/05 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.