Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

When HD DVD & BluRay come out they will be able to do High Resolution Audio with High Resolution Video at the same time!

I really enjoy my 2 Chesky 96kHz 24 Bit 2 channel Super Auidio Discs (Chesky's Name for DADs) with full motion Video. I love these and would like more but since the "Video" specification only allows 2 channel high resolution PCM at 96/24 and most folks want surround sound and added to that the music itself is totally unprotected. I know no more will be coming. I know it would severely limit playing time but why doesn't DVD-Audio allow high resolution audio with the Video? The Video clips on DVD-Audio's are usually Dolby Digital.

With the coming of HD DVD the audio will be some form of lossless compression for both Multi-Channel and 2 channel stereo (with high resolution 2 channel stereo mandatory). Much like current DVD-Audio but will all video including movies!

Anyway these woulderful Chesky 24/96 Super Audio Discs (DADs not SACDs) with full motion video that play for about 1 hour each are and are playable on ANY DVD player at full resolution in 2 channel audio:

CHUCK MANGIONIl The Feelings Back
Chesky CHDVD 194

SARA K.: No Cover, A Live Recording
Chesky CHDVD 195

I highly enjoy and recommend both of them, there is a different kind of thrill to here high resolution while watching people play the music.

I know of the Honeyboy Edwards on Analogue Productions and 2 Ryko 24/96 DVD Video singles. Does anyone know of any other full motion Videos with 24Bit 96kHz audio?

Thanks in advance,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - When HD DVD & BluRay come out they will be able to do High Resolution Audio with High Resolution Video at the same time! - Teresa 17:04:12 11/13/04 (9)

You can not post to an archived thread.