Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I certainly am no expert, but there seems to be plenty of headroom

That is exactly the case, the levels of the recording and the mixes are captured and output without any compression as well. This method of recording and mixing is not common and results in the RMS level of the tracks being much lower than comparable products that employ dynamics processing. If you listen to the entire disc the loudest moment of the loudest instrument establishes the peak that can be delivered on a non-compressed disc. This means that the momentary power requirements of a system will be pressed to service at that time...the dynamics follow the actual dynamics contour of the live event. This philosophy brings much-needed life back into recordings that have otherwise been processed to death.

Guitar Noir could not have been recorded and mixed any louder without having dynamics processing applied (I know I do all of the mixes) ...and I simply refuse to compromise the musical dynamics at any stage of the process.

When I listen to my Meridian 800/861 into a Butler 5500 tube 5 channel amplifier and finally into a set of Piega C-8 Ltd. speakers...the sound is amazing! I played it for Felix Martinez of DVD-Etc. and he loved it so much that he listed it at the Number 1 slot in his list of the top 20 best multichannel discs ever!

There are real choices to be made when you make a recording...the products that I release reflect mine. I get enough positive reviews and comments to keep making the purist recordings that I can.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.