Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Yes Eric I bought a Toshiba 5700 DVD-Audio player

I was missing my Star Trek movies and in order to watch them I had to buy a TV and DVD Player. For the DVD Player I wanted it to have DVD-Audio and HDCD decoding. I got a Toshiba 5700 on eBay for $109.00. (see link). The main reason is for the new 192kHz 24 Bit DVD-Audio's from Classic Records, as you may know Bernie Grudman is one of my favorite remastering engineers, if you look at a link further down this page you will see where I had compared the 96kHz to the 192kHz on the Classic Records new HDAD's.

And since this Toshiba is a mid-fi unit (original retail $449, then reduced to $399) I will not be comparing SACD to DVD-Audio as my SACD player is a high end tubed unit as it would be unfair. I am thinking of a tube upgrade for the Toshiba at some point and this should make the playing field more even.

Most of my DVD-Audio's are from Classic Records and AIX so far, though I do have a couple of Warner Bros. Neil Young Harvest for one. And of course all 10 of the Star Trek movies.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.