Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Just compared Laurence Juber's Cannery Row in both 192kHz 24 Bit and 96kHz 24 Bit

from the "Start Here" sampler from AIX records. Start Here is available free with any purchase from AIXrecords.com. Mark Waldrep now uses a single stereo pair of microphones for his 2 channel stereo mixes! As everyone knows I listen in 2 channel only as I don't care for multi-channel. FYI AIX has won many awards for their multi-channel DVD-Audio's but these comments are one the 2 channel mixes only.

The Laurence Juber selection Cannery Row in 2 channel 96kHz 24 Bit on the DVD-Video side sounds excellent until you hear the 2 channel 192kHz 24 Bit on the DVD-Audio side. The 192kHz version has even more ambiance, the guitar sounds more real especially the plucking of the strings and the overall presentation is more relaxed. Overall this is a well filled out and superb sampler.

AIX's DVD-Audio's are well filled out they have multiple versions: 1) stage surround mix, 2) audience surround mix, 3) 2 channel stereo mixe and 4) complete Video of the recording session. All are 2 sided DVD-Audio side and DVD-Video side, another example of the correct way to make a 2 sided DVD-Audio disc.

Don't let ZS KEKL fool you, DualDisc is crass for the masses as it is a dummying down (usually to 48kHz) of the DVD-Audio mix if it is included at all as it is primarly a VIDEO format that can only have a single layer on the DVD side so if even a few Videos are included there is NO room for very high resolution Audio, most will be 48kHz 24 Bit for the Surround Sound, and many will not even have a high resolution 2 channel stereo track if they ran out of space. DVD-Audio is being killed by DualDisc. It is time to fight against DualDisc to insure we always have high resolution DVD-Audio.

It is my hope that companies like AIX records and Classic records keep releasing legacy "full resolution" DVD-Audio discs and avoid the DualDisc.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Just compared Laurence Juber's Cannery Row in both 192kHz 24 Bit and 96kHz 24 Bit - Teresa 03:48:37 11/07/04 (29)

You can not post to an archived thread.