Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

What about my problems???

I am both an SACD supporter (over 300+ SACDs in my collection) and a DVD-Audio supporter (over 100+ DVD-Audio discs in my collection).

I have the Donnas DualDisc, and the Simple Plan DualDisc, and NEITHER play in any of my home CD players. I cannot play the CD layer in either of my Sony CD/SACD players (XA777ES or C333ES) nor will it play effectively in my Denon 3800 DVD-Audio player. The kicker was that both DualDiscs won't play in my daughter's plain old CD boombox. On a "positive" note - the DualDiscs do play in two portable CD Walkman as well as my car CD players.

I support and buy many DVD-Audio discs and I am very happy with those I have, and the DualDisc's DVD-Audio side play fine in my Denon 3800. But the format was designed to play in CD players, which I have more problems than not. So please don't say I am posting 'nonsense' about the CD layer of the DualDisc. The problems I am having are real, and I don't like it.

In my estimation DualDisc is a poor format to succeed DVD-Audio. I would much prefer a DVD-Audio disc and separate CD in one package (as opposed to what we have gotten).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.