Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

ah ha! I see the confusion. I am mostly concerned with musicallly great and sonically superb recordings.

What I look for is performers I like and music I like and generally prefer classical music recorded during the golden age (mid 1950's - mid 1960's) and some of the better Analog recordings of the 1970's.

Of the NEW recordings I prefer Telarc, BIS and others especially from DSD masters.

For DVD-Audio I am mostly looking for 192kHz 24 Bit 2 channel Stereo DVD-A's. For the master tape I prefer 2 Track 30ips or 15ips Analog played on a vintage tubed Reel to Reel directly to as high as resolution as possible 192kHz or DSD. My second choice of master tape is pure DSD, third choice is 192kHz 24 Bit original, forth choice is 96kHz 24 Bit original.

And of course I don't even look to see if it is MULTICHANNEL I look to see if it has a 2 CHANNEL STEREO MIX . And I do not discount any recording just because it is old. Sonically some of the very best sounding recordings are old tubed analog recordings.

But I serouisly thought you were gloting that DVD-Audio had complete Beethoven symphonies and Messiah's and SACD did not.

"Any idiot can do a transfer of an old stereo recording to any format they want."

Any idiot yes but it takes a superb transfer engineer to capture all the sound of a golden age recording and make it sound superb! Only a handful of people can do this.

Old Stereo recordings are my biggest interest in both DVD-Audio and SACD.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • ah ha! I see the confusion. I am mostly concerned with musicallly great and sonically superb recordings. - Teresa 21:12:51 11/05/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.