Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Depends...

Well you're nice white paper is essentially telling the same as I outlined. It clearly indicates that the extension data is used to reconstruct all the samples in the decoder. The extened data doesn't contain high band frequency content only. (This would be inefficient as there is little hf content in common material.)

DTS data streams are 16, 20 or 24 bit compatible. I referred to it as standard 16 bit as this is the lowest wordlength option for a DTS bitstream.

"It seems that you still haven't read the AES pre-print that describes the operation of DTS 96/24. As far as I'm aware it is the most detailed document available and what my post is based upon. I thought you would have more sense than to rely on any information you got from a "booth at an exhibition", staffed in all likelihood by marketing drones."

The problem seems that it is you not understanding the technology outlined.
PS. the fellow wasn't a 'marketing drone' at all but a genuine technician/engineer who knew his stuff.

Frank

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.