Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: what software programs were not playable on the SD 5700? Lawsuit about Firmware updates came in the mail today

The Andrea Bocelli, Verdi, disc; and the Cecilia Bartoli "Vivaldi" album, would not play at all, froze up the player. About half of the Silverline Classics albums appeared to play in hi rez format, but no sound came out. When I went to the menu screen and played them in the low rez Dolby Digital 5.1 setting they would play in that format. I contacted Silverline, who advised it was an issue with some of the older players.

I contacted Toshiba who advised that a firmware update had been issued several years ago; when I contacted their local repair service they would have charged me more to install it (if it was even appropriate for the problem), than it cost me to buy the newer Toshiba SD 4960 player. Anyway, that one plays everything, including SACD, well. So I use the SD 5700 as a "back up" player.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.