Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Enjoy Martin! One question do you actually own 2 complete Beethoven cycles?

Amazing, I only have 1 Beethoven recording: Symphony No. 9 - Runnicles, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra on Telarc SACD-60603. I may add Symphony No. 3, Symphony No. 6 and possibly No. 5, but I feel no need for all nine.

I do have the complete Symphonies of Rachmaninoff and Gliere but I am not a completest. I pick and choose what I like best.

I did not mean to imply you couldn't tell the SACD from the CD layer, but your description of that SACD sounds exactly like how a CD would sound on an entry level player.

Also: FYI the best recordings in my collection are old: RCA Living Stereo SACDs and LPs, Mercury Living Presence SACDs and LPs. Even the recording I am listening to now is old: GERSHWIN: Complete Works for Orchestra and Piano and Orchestra and Classic Records 24/96 DAD, fantastic sound and superb music, you might not like it as it is 2 channel stereo. So far most of my DVD-Audios and DADs are 2 channel stereo's many recorded as early as the 60's.

Just so you know I prefer 2 channel stereo and Analog. As I find Analog originals (especially made on tubed reel to reel decks) to be the most realistic.

Happy listening,
Teresa

P.S.: I don't like Handel's Messiah, it's not that I don't like religious music as I love Eric Bibb and other religious singers. I hate the singing and music in Handel's Messiah, the only Handel I like is the Royal Fireworks Music and to a lesser degree the Water Music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.