Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Martin there are 3 complete Beethoven cycles on SACD:

3 Complete Beethoven symphony cycles on SACD:
Herbert von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic on DGG SACD;
Kurt Masur, Gewandhaus Orchester Leipzig on PentaTone Classics SACD;
Jaap van Zweden, Städtischer Musikverein Düsseldorf Residentie on Praga Digitals SACD

Plus tons of individual Beethoven SACDs (see link)

Also 2 complete Handel Messiah's: Paul McCrees & Gabrieli Consort & Players on Archiv Produktion SACD and Anders Ohrwall & Members of the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra The Stockholm Bach Choir on FIM SACD

I couldn't find St Matthaus Passion, is it spelled correctly and who is the composer?

3 of the 4 you said were not available on SACD are and many with mulitple versions.

Also if PURE DSD SACDs do not sound great on your system, at least the equal of 24 Bit 192kHz THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH YOU SACD PLAYBACK.

PURE DSD DOES NOT USUALLY SOUND THE WAY YOU DESCRIBE Harnoncourt Mozart Requiem (Harmonia Mundi) SACD as sounding: "The brass section is shrill; low level details and ambience are buried under a sea of velvet, and the bass has about as much warmth as a piece of damp cardboard in a garden shed." Do your other Pure DSD SACDs sound like this? if so you have a real problem as I have over 100 PURE DSD SACDs. And the PURE classical DSD recordings especially from Telarc, Delos and BIS sound very, very real and exciting. If there is any shrillness or any velvet fog in any of these it is YOUR EQUIPMENT not the recording. Are you maybe playing the CD layer in error? Something is terribly wrong somewhere. I will personally have no problem avoiding this Mozart SACD as I don't like Mozart, but I still have not found a bad sounding PURE DSD SACD, I have found some bad SACDs but they were mastered from lower resolution PCM.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread

You can not post to an archived thread.