Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: The Donnas - Gold Medal DualDisc

Here is a post from another forum on what worked and did not work for someone:

"Felix Martinez
Miami, FL, USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local Date and Time:
October 29th, 2004
06:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got the Mavericks DualDisc, and sure enough the DVD side is essentially the DVD-Audio content that was previously released as a DVD-Audio-only disc (hi-res 96/24).

Shock of shocks the CD side played in my 1987 JVC CD player with no probs (had to take it out of the closet and dust it off!), and both sides (CD/DVD) played fine in my 1998 second generation Sony DVD player, Onkyo universal player, and Panny RP-91. The latter two players are DVD-A capable, so the hi-res content plays automatically. Both sides also worked fine in my DVD-ROM (Pioneer) in my computer.

However, my OEM CD player in my 2001 Volvo S60 won't recognize the disc. Doesn't get stuck, just says "CD Error" and spits it back out. Tried several times with same result.

Since the only place I'm confined to CD-only playback is my car, this is quite unfortunate. I plan to try some other DualDiscs and check results and will try in as many different vehicles as I can.

Felix E. Martinez
Columnist, "The State Of Multi-Channel Audio"
DVD, ETC. Magazine

My Reviews At RottenTomatoes.com, DVDAngle.com, "ElGato's Corner"

Remember them? What's left of my laserdisc collection! "

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: The Donnas - Gold Medal DualDisc - HighEndWire 10:40:48 10/29/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.