Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: The last track glitch is almost certainly an authoring issue . . .

Quote:
"As for the other compatibility issues, well so far the DVD sides of DualDiscs work in every DVD player, and the CD sides work in every vanilla CD player (including car ones).

The only players where the CD layer sometimes has issues, is in some DVD players (but then that’s what the DVD side is for), and also some [Sony] CD/SACD players (well I can’t comment about them because I don’t have one)."

Herein lies the big problem for me. The only CD players I have hooked up to my system are two Sony CD/SACD players and a DVD-Audio/Video player. Hence I really cannot play the CD side on my home system. I do have the DVD-Audio player for that, but what happens if someday I do not have a DVD-Audio player - then I cannot play the Donnas disc. I guess I could go out and buy the CD at that time, but that defeats the purpose of the DualDisc.

I do have a plain vanilla CD player in the closet (a Denon circa 1987), but I haven't used it in years and I don't plan on using it just to play one disc. I also have the Sony CE775 boxed up in the closet, and I read a post on the Hoffman board where someone had no problems playing the CD side in that player, but again I am not going to hook up that player just for one disc.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: The last track glitch is almost certainly an authoring issue . . . - MT 15:36:47 10/27/04 (2)

You can not post to an archived thread.