Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

A "black-eye" for DualDisc????

I bought the Donnas DualDisc yesterday and I have had nothing but problems with the disc overall.

First off the CD side of the DualDisc has a mastering error, as the last cut on the album "Have you no Pride" is cut - the full song does not appear on the CD side.

Secondly the CD side of the DualDisc won't play in either my Sony XA777ES or Sony C333ES. It plays, with much trouble, in my Denon 3800 - where it has trouble locking on to the CD data, and once it does you can only play the album straight through. If you try to skip tracks it sends the player into no where land and everything freezes up. The only CD player where the CD layer plays fine is in my car. This is not good for the success of DualDisc AT ALL.

In it's favor the DVD-Audio side played fine in my Denon 3800, but the purpose of DualDisc is to have both the CD and DVD side play perfectly. If my two SACD/CD players are part of the limited number of models that won't play a DualDisc CD side, I forsee major problems.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - A "black-eye" for DualDisc???? - MT 09:00:42 10/27/04 (17)

You can not post to an archived thread.