Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

that has to do with limited disc space as both the DVD and CD layers are thinner so they can fit in regular CD players.

It too bad they couldn't be dual layer like hybrid SACDs.

I don't see why it couldn't have been designed so CD layer plays in CD players and the DVD layer plays in DVD players. The discs would be single sided and thus the individual layers would not be compromised. I think read somewhere that current DVD players will play the CD layer instead of the DVD layer could that is why this idea was abandoned?

Anyway I recomment showing support for REAL DVD-Audio's with high resolution 96kHz and 192kHz at 24 Bits and maybe DualDisc will go away?

If DualDisc does replace DVD-Audio I know "audiophile" companies will find a way to fit high resolution on the limited space available on the new DualDiscs.

In my book 48kHz even at 24 Bit is not true high resolution, though of course it is much better than 44.1kHz at 16 Bit but why settle when DVD-Audio machines output up to 192kHz?

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.