Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

b.t.w. . . .

I would not say a "disaster". Far from it — One must give credit to Denon who has "boldly gone where no other electronics manufacturer has gone before".

Seriously, they've provided us with a machine which does so many things superlatively well. Yes, it did/does have various teething issues (depending on the build date of your machine). Believe me, as a beta tester, I've seen all the bugs (esp. on the audio side) and Denon has responded magnificently to them all. Now, I can say on my 2004-build machine, they've all been fixed to my satisfaction (and that's saying something).

The other thing to bear in mind, is that many other machines have had just as many, if not more quirks & problems. Take Pioneer, Sony, Philips, Marantz etc. and even the Linn Unidisk — I was at a demo and there were many discs it would not play, but then it was an early example.

Regarding the -5900, it is precisely because it is so good that it attracts so many "column-inches" in online forums. Moreover, this will obviously "concentrate" the apparent incidences of problems etc.

In short, lesser manufacturers have suffered just as many problems if not more (and not admitting to them in many cases). They just haven’t gained anything like the attention of Denon's -5900.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.