Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I'm at the limit of my english capabilities :-(

hi that man,

- I confess even I havn't heard it used in recent times - it refers to something equivocal, moot, open to argument.

Easiest thing is enter "Curate's egg" in Google!

For the record I listen to all my music via PC - Foobar2000, 'kernel-streaming' (from WAVS or lossless), out thru SPDIF (M-Audio DIO2448) to a Audio Alchemy Dac-In-The-Box to my stereo or headphone amp. Sounds good.

I used Nero, and later EAC (excellent)for extraction, but nowadays Plextools (which PLextor kindly sent me on request after I bought one of their ROM drives.

Crucially (for me, anyway) Plextools allows you you to select the *speed* at which DAE is done.

I use 7-16 CAV (constant angular velocity) which is about half the maximum speed the ROM drive is capable of, and by definition this mode requires no servo-ing of disc-speed (as distinct from CLV - constant linear velocity) a straight bit-by-bit 'rip'.

Error-correction in Pextools (including C2, taken as given with all their drives) is configurable from 'do nothing' to 'spend the next few hours rebuilding the audio data'.

ciao,
Rainer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I'm at the limit of my english capabilities :-( - agnostic 18:19:34 06/22/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.