Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

OK Christine, but I think you are right

I am not sure I can set the gain to 6dB less precisely, because I cannot change the gain on my card, it's either -10dB (normal) or +4dB (balanced), so I have to avoid clipping and amplify or normalize at 32 bit depth. If you are looking to a specific level I can do that, by lowering or increasing the gain to match the total RMS you have. Just let me know what level (average RMS and total RMS?) you need and I'll try to compute it.

Anyway, the picture you have is correct if I look at the original ripped file. I looked briefly last night and you are right, the clipping is on my file, not in the original file, which looks more like yours so the mistake appeared either when recording with the Sony player or when I did the processsing. I don't know what happened and maybe the mistake is on my part. I'll have to redo the pictures and the statistics for track 4, hopefully it will work out.

I haven't checked the entire file for track 4, but I have the same missing frequencies now that you have in your file, so that's probably an artifact that can be reproduced. Also in the changes, I don't have the "peaks" of ultrasonic noise anymore, but I have a lot more ultrasonic noise throughout the spectrum.

I'll do the screen captures and statistics tonight and post them tomorrow if I have time. I can also send you the Excel file if you want.

Cheers

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.