Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

affordable tubed output was my only reason for returning to high-res digital

And the Xindak SCD-2 does sound much more ANALOG LIKE, it comes very close to my cheap Music Hall turntable with LP Gear upgrades. In the pure beauty of sound and the LPs are still slightly better in my system. SACDs from DSD and Analog masters are very realistic and thrilling and don't have "Digital" glare that I experience with the 9000ES just after listening to an LP. And CDs sound better than I ever thought possible, especially the delicacy in the high frequences and the impact in the bass, CDs can be quite enjoybale.

I can go back and forth between LPs, CDs and SACDs with no discomfort at all, I am really impressed with this "tubed" SACD player.

Please keep me posted after you get the Dan Wright for his Signature Truth Tube Mod for you Denon 5900. Based on how good my CDs sound, higher resolution PCM should be quite nice through tubes.

All of my complaints about PCM, expecially low resolution PCM appears to really be complaints about "transister sound" or a combination of the two as PCM doesn't produce that "grating pain in my ears" sound through tubes.

Good luck on the mod,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • affordable tubed output was my only reason for returning to high-res digital - Teresa 15:47:29 06/19/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.