Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: I believe ZS KEKL is correct this time. If the "Dual Discs" are mixed in with the CDs at the chain stores....

DualDisc doesn't mean that there'll be DVD-Audio on the DVD side. Of course it will greatly help DVD-Audio by now finally being proper backwards compatible. The question left is then if it's too late for DVD-Audio, seeing how well established SACD is, with far more titles and a broader support by the recording companies. It sure isn't gonna be easy and will take a lot more than just DualDisc's.
There's also still the factor that this concept were tried with DVD's and failed. People didn't want data on both sides for various reasons. Of course this is a bit different, seeing that there's two different things (formats) on each side, but I personally don't like it and I'm not alone in feeling this way.

SACD2 is in the works, with all the bells and whistles. If we see it move to Blu-Ray (which Sony really should do), they will again be far ahead of the competetion.

At least it'll be interesting to see how it all folds out :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.