Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I believe ZS KEKL is correct this time. If the "Dual Discs" are mixed in with the CDs at the chain stores....

The average consumer WILL choose the Dual-Disc with CD layer, multi-channel high resolution Digital, bonus Music Videos, on screen lyrics, artists interviews and other extra's as to the average consumer MORE is better, and they all crave VIDEO. SACD does not offer all these extras, and if they are setting side by side for the same price, the average consumer will pick the Dual-Disc DVD-Audio.

And if what Z1 and others said is true that DualDiscs will leave out the High Resolution 2 channel mix, this is bad news for 2 channel music lovers who prefer NO VIDEO and do not want those awful 2 channel stereo folddowns from the multi-channel mix, forcing true 2 channel lovers to buy only SACDs even if they can play DVD-Audio. We will now have to go back to Mail Order to get our audiophile SACDs.

I will not buy into the DualDiscs, as I don't want all that extra crap, but I am in a small minority.

I just found out from John Kotches that the current price of DualDisc's is $20.00. If the DualDiscs intend to replace CDs their price needs to be the exact same price as the standard CD version, if they keep them at $20.00 they will not replace CDs. Maybe I have nothing to worry about after all.

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - I believe ZS KEKL is correct this time. If the "Dual Discs" are mixed in with the CDs at the chain stores.... - Teresa 23:35:44 06/17/04 (23)

You can not post to an archived thread.