Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Wrong, sir! You have the language problem. You did not respond to my comment but Z1's here is the note and response:

YOU SAID

Teresa:

Wow... So then a DualDisc won't include a CD mix with 2-channels? That's news to me. I thought that was the point of DualDisc.

DualDisc can't contain a Stereo and Multi-channel track on the DVD side? That's news to me. Both of the DualDiscs I own have both. One (Barenaked Ladies) is 48K the other (3 Doors Down) is 96K.

Why not simply avoid making such proclamations in the first place? That seems like the best approach since it's easy to demonstrate just how far away from having a clue you are.

I RESPONDED with POST by Z1 about the proclamation of leaving out the High Rez 2 channel audio for lack of space.

The goal of DualDisc is to include a CD layer. I did not make any proclamations

I only reported what other posters have said. And many feel the 2 channel High resolution tracks will go the way of the doo-doo bird, after all there is a CD layer, well the CD layer is not good enough for me. What is this about a clue anyway, I just DO NOT WANT 2 channel high resolution to DISAPPEAR under any circumstances!
Please lightenup!

Teresa

Here is just one post:

"Smart movement of Sony.
Single layered DVD side of DualDisc has not enough place (4,7 Gb) for:

1. Dolby Digital tracks, DTS tracks, visual & bonus content in VIDEO_TS folder (for all DVD players).

2. MLP stereo and MCH tracks, plus the same visual & bonus content in AUDIO_TS folder (for DVD-Audio players).

They will have to rid something of. I think it will be MLP stereo. And/or for long albums they will lower the resolution of MLP MCH track aswell.

And when some day they rid the MLP content of in whole (like Sony in their test batch of DualDiscs last autumn) in favor of DVD-Video content, they'll realize that this solution doesn't affect the sales of DialDiscs at all.

After all DVD-A was not most bad format on this earth. RIP.

LOL (c) ZS KEKL"

NOWHERE IN EITHER OF THESE POSTS IS MENTIONED YOUR TOTAL MISUNDERSTANDING OF MY SENTENCE ABOUT 2 CHANNEL AUDIO LOVERS. IN WHICH I HAD TO MAKE THE SENTENCE "CLEARER" JUST FOR YOU. I DID NOT BACK DOWN FROM ANY RHETORIC AS I USED NO RHERTORIC, ONLY PROBLEM IS YOUR MISUNDERSTANDING OF ENGLISH, I may have to write you a book to help you understand a simple sentence, but here goes:

Original sentence: This is bad news to TRUE music lovers who prefer NO VIDEO and 2 channel stereo we will now have to go back to Mail Order to get our audiophile SACDs.

Revised senctence: This is bad news to TRUE 2 channel music lovers who prefer NO VIDEO as we will now have to go back to Mail Order to get our audiophile SACDs.

So since you understand neither sentence here is the long version:
A "True" 2 channel music listener verus a casual 2 channel music listener who cares more about video content, lyrics and other extras would not miss a high resolution 2 channel mix like a true 2 channel music lover does, So the absence if a 2 channel mix to true 2 channel music lovers is TRAGIC! To the videophile 2 channel listener with a low resolution system even Dolby Digital folded down to 2 channel may be good enough! There was NO MENTION whatsoever of multi-channel listeners as I was talking about multi-channel folded down to 2 channel stereo listeners. Multi-channel listeners don't have this problem as they listen to the multi-channel mix. Now is that easier to understand?

I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED ON MULTI-CHANNEL HOLIER THAN THOU'S PICKING ON 2 CHANNEL MUSIC LOVERS - THIS MUST STOP NOW!

Also if the DualDiscs intend to replace CDs their price had better be $13.00 not $20.00, maybe I have nothing to worry about afterall!

Happy listening,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Wrong, sir! You have the language problem. You did not respond to my comment but Z1's here is the note and response: - Teresa 23:15:23 06/17/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.