Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Could be done in a few mouse-clicks time.

Hi Eric

I received the tracks with an Acid stereo mix project file, so they were already mixed for stereo. From this point you just change the stereo project to a surround project and Acid will generate a default surround mix, which is surprisingly good. So you could actually make a good surround mix with a few mouse clicks.

Surround mixing in Acid is so easy. During playback you simply move the instrument around till it sounds like you want it. What really can take a long time is trying to correct small errors like microphone “explosions” on P’s and trying to figure out what effect could improve the instrument. Once you thought you found the perfect sound for e.g. a guitar, you then find out that it doesn’t work when you hear it together with all the other instruments.

I’ll have to get back to you about the LFE channel, since I only tried a 5.0 surround project so far.

p.s.
I’ll send you a copy if you’re not deterred by really heavy rock and Icelandic lyrics. It’s far from audiophile quality but it is surround.

Lars B.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.