Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

OK, if you're a big Genesis fan, here's a link for you

Dave,

Check out the movies in this Jean Cocteau box set, and especially the first one, Blood of a Poet (Le Sang d'un Poète), which was directly or indirectly an inspiration for the Lamb Lies Down on Broadway.

I saw that movie on a late night program when I was a teenager exactly when Lamb Lies Down came out, and I have always been surprised that nobody refers to it as a major source of inspiration, not even Gabriel. You will see some pictures which are very similar to the photographs on the cover, and the pictures used during the show. The inspiration goes beyond the pictures, and even some of the lyrics or track titles seem to refer to scenes in the movie (eg Chamber of 32 doors).
(I'm even surprised no-one has tried to sync some tracks with the movie)

In any event, you won't regret watching it, because it's one of the greatest movies of the 20th century, way up there with movies of Luis Bunuel, Marcel Lherbier, Fritz Lang, etc.

Let me know what you think :)

Best

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • OK, if you're a big Genesis fan, here's a link for you - Eric LeRouge 05:19:13 06/09/04 (1)
    • Thanks - Dave Kingsland 06:46:40 06/09/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.