Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Thanks for the suggestions

SnaggS,

I didn't do the poster myself, it was published in Nova magazine. I have thought about adding some names, but it's pretty crowded already :)

Terry Riley and Steve Reich are in there, at about 10:00
Philip Glass should definitely be in there, in fact I thought it was.
If you go that route, there's a lot of artists missing

Re: Joy Division => I think the Kraftwerk influence is more obvious on New Order, and after all, Joy Division as such published only one album and a few singles, so... that takes you to a whole different avenue.

Obviously many names are missing (Pere Ubu could have been near Cabaret Voltaire, 23 Skidoo, etc), and other German bands like DAF, die Krupps, Einstürzende Neubaten, etc. The "Angst Rock" connection (Chrome etc) is missing, and the entire US "new wave" (Gary Numan, Talking Heads, etc... is missing as well.

I think the chart tries to connect Kraftwerk to the current electronica and dance scene, more than the roots.

Dead Kennedys I like, but I don't really feel they are connected to the same movement (like Black Flag, etc).

*** PS. Id be very interested in what your listening to atm.*** In electronica, I am very mellow at the moment, just some soft stuff like Pole, Swayzak, or even pop (the new Air album) and very cool jazz, but more and more R&B (doing a mega sampler of my 40 or so James Brown albums, and next on my list is Barry White, lol :)
This summer I will do a New Order project, with their 12" maxi-singles.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely check out some of the names you mention.

Cheers

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.