Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Marantz DV-8300

Yes, I had many problems for the past year, and I can't blame it all on Marantz.

It worked fine for about 10 months and then started a bad sound on the left channel. At some point I thought it was my preamp, so I took it for repairing (took a long time), then I realized the noise was still there and it turned out the noise was my DV-8300.

I took it twice for repair, each time about a month, and then they said according to their tests there was no problem. So what I did is that I captured a mono recording (dual mono) through my soundcard, and analyzed the charts. It was obvious that one of the channels was clipped above a certain level, so I took my DV-8300 back to the shop with the chart, and... I haven't heard back from them in 2.5 months. Whenever I call they say "Gosh yes, that's a long time, we'll look into it right away and get back to you". Then of course they never call back.

Unfortunately, I discovered too late that the problem was most likely with the transformer, and I could have sent that part to change to a real professional, but it was too late.

My biggest beef about the 8300 is that Marantz never bothered to upgrade the firmware. Since it's a Pioneer-based model, the player cannot play large DVD-Audio structures, and that's a real drag.

I know it's not very interesting, but thanks for the opportunity to whine a little about it, it makes me feel better, I guess :)

Cheers

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.