Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: WaveLab5 many many bugs in DVD-A authoring

I received my copy of WL5 last week and started a few tests. First of all, everyone who knows discWelder's user interface will have to say that WL5 is light years ahead of the competition.
Some more observations:
basic audio functionality seems to be quite good. For my first experiments, I used a live recording of Handel's Messiah I had done two weeks ago; this means about 2 hours of music and 40+ tracks in one group (4ch/24/48); any gaps at start of tracks etc. would be unacceptable there. The first DVD I made was without any menus or video stills, and that worked just fine on all players I tried (Pioneer DV747, Denon DVD-A11, Panasonic RA71 and CQ-DVR909). No gaps, no playback problems at high tracks numbers. If you consider how long it took Minnetonka to figure it all out, that's not too bad.

However, I have to confirm niconicos reports about menu problems. The Pioneer doesn't seem to display anything at all, and on the Panasonic, the display of highlighted (i.e. selected) track titles appears in the wrong place. Looks as if they're imposing an NTSC picture over a PAL screen.

I haven't tried DVD ripping yet, but the manual states that copy-protected and/or encoded tracks (which include MLP) cannot be read.

Mathias

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.