Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Managed to burn my first 96/24 DADs successfully

I'm using an old copy of Sony DVD Architect given to me by a friend who "outgrew" it. I went to the Sony website and upgraded it to 1.0d, but I hear version 2 is out now.

But for my needs, version 1 is more than sufficient.

The process is simplicity itself - create a "music compilation" DVD project - drag and drop the PCM wave files (sampling rate MUST be 96 or 48 otherwise DVD Architect will resample to 48 and the bit depth must be 16, 20 or 24). in the "Optimize DVD" menu choose PCM Stereo instead of Automatic AC-3. then click "Make DVD" and you're done. process doesn't seem to take any longer than burning an audio cd.

the only problem is DVD Architect has several bugs. First of all, it warns that it will "recompress" the 96/24 tracks but ignore the warning - in actuality it doesn't. i've verified this by comparing file sizes.

Secondly, it "flags" the 96/24 tracks as 48/16 in the IFO files. this will cause problems with some dvd players. i have checked the actual VOB files and the audio track is correctly flagged as 96/24 there.

i'm assuming these bugs will be fixed in 2.0 but i'm not going to upgrade just for that.

One solution that was suggested in the sony forum was to use a program like Ifoedit to manually set the correct flags in the IFO file. this should fix it for problematic players.

so - there should be no reason for people to complain that it's difficult or time consuming to make 96/24 DADs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Managed to burn my first 96/24 DADs successfully - Christine Tham 23:26:37 05/28/04 (4)

You can not post to an archived thread.