Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I see things in a different way

OK Viper,

You have good points, and I am not defending pirates who copy music for a living.

Just look at it from a practical point of view. You and I may be gone in a little while, but two things are sure to stay: P2P file transfer and teenagers.

There's no way peer-to-peer file swapping is going to disappear, this technology is here for good, and it will start again and again, no matter what the publishers try to do. Just like you could not prevent people from making photocopies with Xerox machines, you cannot prevent people to use the Internet to do file transfer.

Another thing that you will not change is teenagers. I think the music problem is more with casual downloading done by kids, which eventually amounts to large sums of money. Sure you can try to enforce the law, and you can try to prevent kids from drinking at a party or smoking a joint, but most likely you won't be able to stop them from doing it. So what should you do? Pretend it doesn't exist or just wait for the authorities (record companies) to enforce the law in a brutal manner?

Heck, I'd rather pay something and not have some Orwellian system prosecute my kids for some stupid music downloads. This is just music we're talking about.

Accepting some kind of monthly fee to compensate file transfer may not be the best solution, but it's a start in the right direction.

Best

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.