Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Good Question

I am not sure how it would work (it's still a draft proposal bill at this point :) and certainly this would create additional issues, especially for movies and software.

Software will be moving towards better authentication technology and also rental (or pay-as-you use, ASP, etc) models, so in the future the software industry should be relatively protected.

In my view a $5 monthly fee for artists would be a good compromise. If some people don't download anything, they are obviously paying for others, just like you pay taxes for schools even if you don't have children, etc. (But then again, they are benefiting from broadband investments in the Internet, which were at least in part triggered by large file downloads).

If you add the number of Internet users (20 million in France, but 1 billion people worldwide by 2007, according to market research firms), @$60 per household per year, that's potentially a good revenue for the music industry.

Better than fining or putting 12 year olds in jail if you ask me..

Anyway, just a proposal, so we'll see. I also agree with the proposal of a $0.001 tax on all electronic money transfers to finance development in the third world, so maybe I'm a radical :)

Best

Eric

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.