Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Yeah, this has many, many flaws...

By doing so you're indirectly incriminating anybody using the internet. And why the hell should I pay for others doing illegal things? I buy all my music, which I already pay enough for, so why should I pay for other morons that go and break the law?
I already pay for the r'n'd time for those idiotic "copy protection" schemes, which does nothing but bug the paying customer and again making them criminals, if they want to rip their _bought_ copy of a CD to their MP3 player or what not, since it's illegal to bypass copy protection. Even more so they are forcing the few that can't even get the CD's to play in their CD players to go download it and then burn, since it's the only way they can get to listen to it, seeing that if they buy it, it won't work. And a lot of car CD players have the same problems, but by making a copy, a lot of this can be avoided. But again that would be breaking the law...
This whole situation is so stupid. The record companies has got to realise that there's nothing they can do to prevent copying and ripping of CD's. The CD was never designed for that, since 20 years ago nobody had even thought about people sitting and sharing music like crazy over a so-called "internet".
If they, by pure magic, should be able to prevent copying the CD on a computer (although it can't be done), what will prevent the rippers from ripping the signal from the digital out on their CD player? Nothing at all - they can't block that either. And even if they could, what about all those using their CD players as transports?

Enough is enough - I'm not paying any more for all the idiots doing illegal shit. This is NOT my problem, so why the hell do I have to constantly be the one paying for it?

And that concludes my rant...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yeah, this has many, many flaws... - Viper 06:43:06 05/25/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.