Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Question for Pioneer 565A users

I received the following reply from Pioneer Canada last week when I inquired.
"Thank you for your e-mail. In order to make it compatible with the new releases, there IS a firmware update for the DV-563A-S that addresses these issues. Unfortunately, this firmware is NOT available on CD or DVD-ROM and therefore you need to send your unit (preferable by courier or registered mail where it could be insured) directly to OUR service dept. at the address below. Please note that 2 way shipping charges are not covered by Pioneer, only the firmware upgrade is covered.

Also, please note that, although the firmware upgrade will make this unit compatible with of the Majority of the new DVD-Audio releases but not necessarily ALL new existing releases on the market.

The DV-563A-S DOES convert DSD-1 information to PCM, however it DOES this at 192kHz/24-Bit depth, which makes it transparent (i.e. undistinguishable from the "original")."

I have not received my unit back so I can't comment on the effectiveness of the upgrade.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.