Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Panasonic owners...help! can't play stereo tracks

Just bought a DVD-S55 at Fry's for $79 and I tried to play the stereo tracks of the Grateful Deads American Beauty. I pressed the group button for groups 2 or 3 and pressed enter as instructed in the manual. It acts like it wants to play and shows downmix on the panel but after it gets to 4 seconds (with no sound) it starts spinning fast and then seems to pause......when you hit play it goes to the next group and the only group that plays is group 1 which is the surround mix. The disc cover says it has three versions: stereo, multi-channel and dolby so I assume the disc is alright. Am I missing something? Is this machine defective? Is there really no stereo mix on American Beauty? This is my only DVD-A disc so I cannot check it with another disc. The only other (sort of DVD-As) I have are the HDADs from Classic Records which only have a stereo 24/192 track on the DVD-A side. They play perfectly. Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Panasonic owners...help! can't play stereo tracks - Ric Schultz 00:23:28 04/23/04 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.