Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: you're a man of a few words...i like that...

>> I understand that these flip disk thickness are well within established spec (to such extent that even those a few sigma off will still remain < max tolerance) <<

To add to this, it would not be difficult to ‘weed-out’ any out-of-spec disks, in-process, on the production line (if indeed any unacceptable dimensional variation did occur) using basic metrology equipment at the final-inspection stage. Then there would be zero out-of-spec discs released from the factory.

Actually, a pressing operation such as is used for audio media would probably show a gradual and predictable thickness shift within the tolerance band, which could probably be foreseen and prevented using SPC techniques ("statistical-process-control", or "six-sigma" etc), so the operator would know when to reset the machine, and start a new batch, to eliminate any shift to outside the allowable tolerance band.
I doubt Barry Fox has really studied SPC ( "Six-Sigma" — is what GE likes to call it).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.