Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

ROTEL RDV-1080

If it's a Rotel DVD-Audio player from a couple of years back, it has to be the Rotel RDV-1080, such as the one I have. These originally retailed for $1600, which was eventually reduced to $999. A sale price of $500 would be excellent, in my opinion. You can search this site for other comments on this player.

I have been very pleased with the performance of this player for DVD-audio, and DVD-video. I think you would have to pay a lot more to find a better-sounding DVD-audio player. However, for CD playback, it is probably good for a DVD player, but not as good as a dedicated CD or SACD player.

If you are mainly interested in CD playback, I can highly recommend the new Rotel RCD-1072, which got a rave review in Absolute Sound and was picked as Product of the Year by that publication. List price is $699, and well worth it. CD playback on the RCD-1072 is vastly better than the RDV-1080, and even a bit better than my Sony C555ES SACD player (for CD playback).
-Bobby

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.