Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Thanks Chris! It was a beautiful day weather wise here in Ireland.
Didn't see much of it though. Just arrived home having mixed sound for a popular Irish rock group. 1200 crazed fans that know each and every word and insist on singing raucously along! All ****ing night!!!
Anyway I won with the PA! Hard work, not a bad room but a slightly awkward PA system. You guys trying to make stereo or 5.1 work don't know the half of it!
Multiple loudspeaker cabinets. Some producing Sub only, others bass only, seperate boxes carried both Mid and High frequencies but we also had 2 larger full range boxes a side. on top of this there are 3 seperate delay systems to cover the balcony area. You sound check in an empty hard sounding cold room. Temp easily goes up by 5 or 6 degress Celcius for the show. Sound is now travelling 5 or so feet faster than it did in the check. Crowd noise and the extra acoustic absorbtion they provide all come into play. Any the house guys did a great job, the band surpassed themselves and the crowd loved it.
All in all a good St Patricks for me anyway.

Just took delivery last week of a Pioneer DV 565A multiregion player.
I suspect this is the 563? in the US. Anyway I have been playing CDs on it all week and its got an amazing timing thing going on. My CD player isn't a world beater but it's ok but though the 565 has a slightly brighter presentation than the CD player its rythmic drive blows the CD player away(well I did buy it as a DVD player, this is a bonus!) . I have noticed lots of little things on favourite Cds but mostly unable to stop tapping feet!!. Haven't had time to have a good go at DVD-A yet but happy so far considering the price.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! - Denis Powell 17:46:35 03/17/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.