Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

New, to me, DVD-A's

Riding with the King, very good modern recording. I am very impressed with the clarity and sound off this disc. It is great to get some really good recordings of BB. Most of his stuff is pretty poorly recorded, IMO.

Machine Head - great to revisit this disc. As a guitar player wannabe, I agonized for hours over the licks on this disc. Some stuff so simple yet so difficult. I wouldn't say it reference disc but it is interesting to hear all the parts separately. The mix is almost too separate as it has taken some of the life out of the recording, still all in all, a great piece of history.

Doobie Bros - Captain and Me - love this band, so underrated!! Great songs, the mix is a little dense but I am hearing more within the songs that I had not really heard before. I was never impressed with the lp versions. I thought Ted Templeton could have done a better job. At least we get to hear things better with the DVD-A

I will continue to purchase discs as I see them but DVD-A do seem to be slightly more expensive than SACD's (other than Sony single layers that are still hanging around from the initial launch. Still labelled at $25 CDN!!) SACD's are mainly around $18 CDN, DVD-A's are $20 - 22.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - New, to me, DVD-A's - rick5 16:51:09 03/08/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.