Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Nothing ragged about Devore speakers

Thanks for the comments on the DeVore's. Much appreciated from an actual owner. I'm still anxious to hear them, regardless of said mfgr's comments. He sells the Living Voice line that's also on my list. I'd be more likely to go with the O/93's myself.

Those Super Nines look great. I don't use lots of power, my two amps are a 300B (currently mothballed) and a 22 watt obscure (Linear Tube Audio) integrated. Both drive my really low eff. Avalons to the level I need, but I'd love to hear a speaker that's a little easier to drive.

The thing about the Heretics that might help in my space is the near wall placement option, I'm never going to have a large room here in my Silly Valley cracker box, no matter what we do to it.

My biggest concern in speakers is boxiness sound. That's why I love the Avalons, no hint whatsoever in any of their speakers that I've heard. I've really got to get out and listen, the DeVore dealer isn't too far away. I haven't set foot in a dealer since my long retired one closed up his shop. I'd always planned on attending our local audio show, which was supposed to be pretty good, but the pandemic ended it before I had a chance to go.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.