Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Listener and Herb's Heretic review

I've been going through my old "Listener" magazines recently, and darned if I didn't find myself even more entertained and enlightened than the first time I read them. And I felt a sad nostalgia for the days when the late Art Dudley had a significant influence on my development as an audiophile, and on the audio scene in general. Well, in the new "Stereophile," there's a review by Herb Reichert in his "Gramophone Dreams" of a new horn speaker by a company called Heretic. Herb is a former "Listener" contributor, and this review was like a blast from "Listener's" past. You know, keeping the beat and playing the tune being more significant to musical enjoyment than transparency, pinpoint imaging, flat frequency response, and all that audiophile stuff. But what really got me was that this speaker is named by its maker the AD, in honor of the late Mr. Dudley. And after reading Herb's article, I would venture a guess that Audio Physic won't be placing an ad in "Stereophile" any time soon.

Edits: 03/05/23 03/05/23

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Listener and Herb's Heretic review - Ladok 17:26:30 03/05/23 (22)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.