Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: Tube Preamp Vibration Control Suggestions?

Thanks. For platforms, I'm using the Auralex Iso Tone turntable platform under my Scout, but I had to make an MDF self to put on top because the width of the Auralex was just barely wide enough and I feared I might bump the Scout off it without the extra space. I also use their SubDude II platforms under my REL T7s. I really like the results for the subwoofers and the turntable with those platforms. There were huge improvements for the subs, which are tighter and deeper and better integrated now; with the Scout, the change was a more subtle improvement in clarity.

Since I had extra MDF after cutting the shelf for the Auralex, I had two more sheets cut, glued them together and (after sanding and painting) put them under my Oppo with the hard blue foam HVAC vibration pads under them. I can't say I hear a difference from the Oppo using that, so I might try it under my CJ power amp.

As I understand it, the theoretical difference between platforms and footers is that platforms are great for isolating the component from external vibrations, while footers are supposed to also dampen the vibrations internal to the component itself. For footers, I'll probably experiment a bit with some Herbie's stuff and DIY stuff and report back. Have you tried his stuff?

___
"If you are the owner of a new stereophonic system, this record will play with even more brilliant true-to-life fidelity. In short, you can purchase this record with no fear of its becoming obsolete in the future."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.