Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: I have the ML Ascent i's

Well. Maybe you are in luck. Maybe not.

I have odyssey's and 20.7s. I think I can give you a fair analysis. I think the odyssey is a good speaker. There is a clarity to them. They do image well and just like a Maggie - you need a decent room for them. The woofer/ panel issue was something that never bothered me.

The 20.7 - yes not a 3 but I have heard the 3. The major difference between the logan/20.7 is the mid bass as well as the texture that it brings on the 20.7. The clarity is not as clean as a stat - but the trade off for me is the texture and better mid bass for a better bass overall in my opinion. I miss no clarity. Absolutely nothing in my opinion compares to the ribbon. It is smoother and your amp will thank you for not having to deal w dips down to 1 ohm on the Logan. Be careful on repurchase of Logan's. Non smoker only. The stats attract the smoke and it weighs down on the Mylar. The 3.7 obviously would be closer competitively with the odyssey but I would still opt for the 3.7i.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.