Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Interesting

Norman, I fully agree. Those folks made some terrific recordings of many great concert performances! I no longer have a serious LP system but, decades ago, some of those LP's brightened my days in special ways.

In fact, old as they are, some of their master tapes became fabulous transcriptions into SACD. In just 2 channels, some can display sonic imaging that commands and builds its own huge hall, far larger than the room, often with "visuals" included. Some also capture details and textures that more modern recordings missed.

Just this morning I ordered another SACD copy of the one linked below, for a gift. Ravel's "Daphnis et Chloe" is not light music, even masterfully directed by Charles Munch. However, when played on a planar system, I've seen a teen's eyes widen in amazement, and then refocus them on some of the orchestral elements staged way outside the room boundaries. Then you hear the question you've been asked before, "Did you say 1955? My father wasn't even born then!"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Interesting - JBen 15:47:35 07/16/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.