Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Here you go

LOL, Satie, right out of college I was not that mature, or smart enough. Still unfamiliar with planars, and even dipoles, I pretty much had given up on finding something "good enough".

You spend your life living with live music almost every day and as a result become a slave of it, in a real way. Box speakers, at that time, had been a major compromise for me. In my philosophy of those days (and still today) they were an additional instrument. One that you ADD to the music, inevitably turning it all into something else. Enjoyable, yes, but not close enough to the real thing. The very good speakers did help you evoke some of the good moments, at times. But the illusion never lasted long enough.

Years later I learned about planars. And later still, long story short, a pair of Acoustat 2+2 visited me for 2 weeks on demo.

Suddenly for me, the speakers were trying very hard NOT to be part of the music. Well, I grew up and matured STAT!(pun intended :)

Then I wanted to cry like baby when the owner decided to keep them after all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Here you go - JBen 14:18:27 07/16/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.