Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: HELP - Wendell, Josh, whomever!!

One of the reasons that the Magnepans are such a huge bargain is that Magnepan a) maintains a tiny marketing budget, and b) doesn't provide dealers with costly concessions or inventory.

That being said, I think an argument could be made for having a Magnepan showroom in several major cities spread across the country where the entire Magnepan lineup is properly displayed and set up in a properly constructed room. You would need demonstration personnel, but you could otherwise carry no inventory, just direct purchases shipped from Magnepan, but showing that the purchase resulted from an audition at that showroom. Given how many companies are now trying "pop-up" stores to test ideas like this, I wonder what it would cost for Magnepan to try this kind of a pop-up for 90 days (particularly if you accompanied it with a marketing campaign that got the word out to potential customers in that region). Given the right location you could get a sound quality far better than is possible at the trade shows and probably better than you get at most dealers.
SD

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.