Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: they are pliable posted by Story on June 21, 2022 at 04:24:10:
Isolating speakers from the floor, especially any kind of reverberant floor can produce a cleaning up of the bass. What I have found in various set-ups is that at first the bass sounds lighter... BUT longer listening TENDS to that bass being leaner and cleaner. The mid-bass seems to thin out leaving a deeper audible.
This of course is VERY dependent on your floor.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The best iso-platform/footer I have found in 20 years - Ozpomfromhell 01:23:52 06/21/22 (16)
- RE: The best iso-platform/footer I have found in 20 years - Ryelands 10:24:22 06/27/22 (0)
- RE: The best iso-platform/footer I have found in 20 years - KanedaK 22:33:38 06/24/22 (0)
- Over on the Vinyl Asylum - 1973shovel 07:25:12 06/21/22 (7)
- RE: Over on the Vinyl Asylum - gadio4533 08:11:30 06/21/22 (6)
- That's good to know - 1973shovel 13:43:29 06/21/22 (5)
- RE: That's good to know - Mick Wolfe 08:55:28 06/22/22 (0)
- they must be kept clean regularly - Story 13:51:30 06/21/22 (3)
- RE: "the old up/down only method" - 1973shovel 05:26:07 06/23/22 (0)
- RE: they must be kept clean regularly - bouncy ball 06:37:58 06/22/22 (1)
- the drum practice pads have some type of plastic wrap on 'em - Story 07:07:53 06/22/22 (0)
- Thoughts about under Monitor Speakers or Stands - Charlie8521 04:01:31 06/21/22 (4)
- they are pliable - Story 04:24:10 06/21/22 (3)
- Moongel also has drumpads for practice - Story 02:14:56 06/21/22 (0)
- yes they are pliable, but... - Ozpomfromhell 02:14:02 06/23/22 (0)