Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: kdvs

steelwind was a good band for sure - lead singer diana harris' husband (bob) was our 'aquarian effort' counselor in high school - diana went on to do a one woman broadway revue type of thing
henry robinett was an old friend of mine when i booked music at melarkeys - saw what might have been the 'runners' first show with
skip moriarty from steelwind on rhythm guitar and flute at the original 'c street' saloon when it was actually on c street - burned down and was then moved to it's more familar location - my complaint about the 'runners' would be the same complaint i have against the more popular bourgeois tagg, another band that played often at melarkeys when i did the music booking - brent bourgeois and larry tagg came from dallas texas and had played in a band called uncle rainbow and would later form bourgeois tagg - both the runners and b.t. seemed to forget rock and roll's first goal was to be fun and then fun again - they were so busy trying to impress us with complicated works that the fun was often lost in the translation - the band i was referring to beat the runners at the kzap sponsored battle of the bands in davis in 1977 - to this day were henry to be asked about it he would shake his head and say ' how did we lose to these guys - the band was the 'skins' - fronted by david fraser on keyboards and bob regan on guitar with b.c cole on lead guitar and dale lyberger on bass - ed mann, the second of their drummers was first rate and much better than original member hal cole - regan is now a big time songwriter in nashville with a number of top ten hits to his credit -

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: kdvs - pappy 1st 11:36:13 08/05/05 (4)
    • Re: kdvs - FRG7SWL 18:12:18 08/05/05 (3)
      • Re: kdvs - pappy 1st 20:02:27 08/05/05 (2)
        • Re: kdvs - FRG7SWL 09:02:00 08/06/05 (1)
          • Re: kdvs - pappy 1st 10:16:24 08/06/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.