Radio Road

Accuphase T-100: stock power cord, or...?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Thread:  Display  Email  Next ] [ Radio Road ]

Now that I have received my T-100 (my first vintage tuner, incidentally), I find
the stock (two-pronged) power cord to be in perfectly good shape. Nevertheless, I wonder
whether is it worth considering an IEC jack upgrade (around $150) and a better power
cord? (Or can one find an upgrade to a standard two-pronged cord like this one?)

Don't misunderstand, I am not inclined to spend money for no good reason,
constantly tweaking and upgrading for the fun of it. Nor am I likely to be dissatisfied
with the sound produced by this highly rated tuner when the rest of my components arrive. But I have, frankly, heard some rather startling differences in other components before and after the addition of a high-quality aftermarket power cord.

Any input will be appreciated!

Tony

P.S.–The FedEx guy wasn't too happy: this tuner is HEAVY and appears to be built
like a tank.

Follow Ups:

You can not post to an archived thread.

[
Top of Page ] [ Contact Us ] [ Support/Wish List ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]

[ General ] [ Speakers ] [ Tubes ] [ Vinyl ] [ Digital ] [ Hi-Rez ] [ Video Asylum ] [ Cables ] [ Tweaks/DIY ] [ Music ] [ Films ]