Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: 6S45-PE PSE...

Koinichiwa,

So, the design is flawed. Fine. If you say so, please explain how.

It is obviously NOT flawed when it comes to DC balance, as both Valves operating points are fully adjustable. So no flaw there, even IF using torroidal mains transformers as outputs. Also, the sub 3k differential drive impedance to the torridal mains transformer abused as output will give good bandwidth.

It is obviously NOT flawed where it comes to AC balance as it CAN be adjusted for optimum balance. Or IF we desire a better overload behaviour and a harmonic spectrum more akin to an SE Amplifier with lower levels of 3rd harmonics than a "theoretically ideal" amplifier we can deliberatly unbalance the Amplifier.

When it comes to noise rejection et al the circuit matches the original "semper musica". Again, no flaw I could note.

As it is in many ways NOT a push-pull amplifier, other than the way the transformer is driven, applying PP logic foes no-where.

So, where is the flaw. Please enlighten me.

Sayonara

PS, may I mention that similar circuits where in use in the 1920's and 1930's with Pentode PP Outputs. They worked then...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: 6S45-PE PSE... - Kuei Yang Wang 14:14:10 03/14/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.